Search

Monday, May 23, 2011

An untitled Message

     As you may have seen, I could not come up with a title for this article. Maybe there is a reason for this? Maybe this was suppose to happen? Could anyone make a good title that make sense for what is going on in the NFL world today? Speaking from a die hard fan's prospective, I am completely lost for words, but somehow I am going to dig deep and tell you exactly how I am feeling in this article.


     Think about the things that we are missing right now. Free agency, mini camps, and some early rookie contract signings. These are big things that teams need to do to start their seasons off the right way. Instead all of us are sitting here feeling hopeless. Wondering when will this lockout be lifted. It is a very depressing feeling to see all these die hard fans so irritated that they don't even want to talk about football. I agree with them 100%. Who wants to sit around for months at a time and listen to millionaires and billionaires argue about how much each person should get paid. First of all it is already wrong how they treat the average fan, nevertheless now putting the season on hold. This isn't a good thing. This time of the year plays a very critical part on the season. All the NFL is doing is putting it all on hold and this may hurt in the long run.

      I must also look at it as an insider. This lockout has really slowed down production. I am used to releasing a lot more news than I am now. I am not going to say that there is no news out there, but definitely not enough than I am use to hearing. I really need this lockout to end because this is a big year for me. As you know, my site began last year, and it has slowly became a success. Last year was good. I always tweeted and published news around the league as the site was just starting to ripen. Now that I have built a solid foundation for this site, I need news for people to view the site for. There has to be a reason why fans would want to come to the site and what I want them to come for is to read what's going on around the NFL. I don't think the NFL is really thinking how many lives this whole lockout situation is effecting.

     Now I want to focus more on the fans because of course, that's the most important area in this game. Talking to a few people who attended Radio City Music Hall during the 2011 NFL Draft, have told me the exact same thing: This was the year to get in. It was not as packed, and as noisy as you may have thought. The fans were angry and on the second and third day there was very low attendance than in years past. That right there shows something. NFL Fans love the NFL Draft, and knowing that attendance was low just shows how the fans felt back in April. Now we are facing the end on May and still not much progress has been made. I want to bring up a point that I said earlier when I said "The NFL abuses their fans." All of that is true. Merchandise and other team apparel prices are very expensive for the average fan. Not to mention if that fan also has season tickets. I read a great article by a guy I know and it speaks nothing but the truth. You will find it a great read. Please read: Don't forget the True Fan. Probably the best lockout article I have read so far hands down. As much as the NFL comes out and says that they are thinking of the fans, are they?

     So take all of that. Everything I mentioned. Even the things I didn't mention like the undrafted rookies. What will happen to them? Many of them may have to give up their God given talents and go support their families. Lay everything I mentioned out. Is there a title for this article? Is there something that could wrap all this up in a few simple words? Is there something I could say that hasn't been said a million times before? After hours and hours of thinking that maybe I could come up with a good title, that's when it hit me. There is no title to express how all the fans and I feel. It is like a NIGHTMARE that never ends.

2 comments:

  1. It's Caleb and it's the first time I've ever looked at Ur site and Ur article wasn't bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! I also thought Don't forget the True Fan was a great read!! As for a name for your article..tried to come up with something brilliant..but what comes to mind is... Enough Already!! Let's Just Play Some Damn Football!! Sorry!! Weak maybe but true!!

    ReplyDelete