Search

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Conference Title Games on the Gridiron

   Hello guys, I don't know how you guys feel, but this has been one of the longest weeks of this NFL season. I have been waiting patiently for some more football, and now it is so close, that I can't wait! There are two very good games coming up on Sunday evening. Maybe the best pair of conference games ever! Lets get to my picks!

   Packers @ Bears. This is the first game on schedule for Sunday. This will be a great game. Let me tell you that I have talked to several Packers and Bears fans this past week, and they can't for this game. Two rivals that can not stand each other. So much history between these two teams, and not one bit of it has faded away. In my eyes I see that the Bears have the better defense, but that doesn't mean that the Packers defense aren't red hot right now, because they are. They have helped out Aaron Rodgers and the offense through many games over this season. This will be a low-scoring game, but there is one advantage on each side of the offenses. On the Packers there is Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is becoming a very good quarterback. He may just be the next great one. Rodgers has been on fire in the past several games for the Packers, helping the team get into the playoffs, and then winning two straight playoff games, on the road. If Rodgers continues this streak, then this could be a long day for the Bears. For the Bears, they can establish a running game. They know how to work the running backs into the offense. Matt Forte has been a great compliment to the Bears offense. Cutler uses him in the passing game, and they can run the ball with him as well. Cutler needs to stay away from the mistakes for them to win. Do not give ball hawks like Tramon Williams a chance to make a play on the ball. This will be a close game, but in the end only one can win. My Pick= Packers 23-21

   Jets @ Steelers. Another great game on the list for this Sunday. You have the flying high Jets coming to play the Steelers who just came off a great win against the Ravens. I loved watching the Steelers/Ravens game last week, but that always is a good game. That second half showed a lot about the heart of that offense and defense of the Steelers. The Jets just came off of an exciting game beating the Patriots. Really I don't see this game being as close as everyone may think. This game can be very one-sided. The Jets have not trash talked until yesterday, starting with Cromartie. I don't like how they are all coming out against Hines Ward. Hines is not a dirty player in my opinion. Advantages:

  1. Ben Roethlisberger vs Mark Sanchez. Sanchez, is going against this mean Steelers defense. Roethlisberger has been in games like these playing the Ravens so many times. Sanchez will be going against his toughest challenge as a quarterback.
  2. Jets Running Game vs Steelers Defense. I will take the Steelers Defense every time. This defense is so good right now that I think that they will stop the Jets running game. Both backs are very good for the Jets, but not as good as that Steel Curtain.
This is going to be a great game, but I like the Steelers in this one! My Pick= Steelers 24-10

   Now I know that all of you guys are pumped about these games. talk about them. Tell me your predictions and tell me what you want to see in these games. Spread the word.. Tell me if you like or dislike my picks! Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment