Search

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Who I Liked at the Combine

   Hey guys, I am just going to name a few guys that I thought had a very good Combine, now their draft stock may have risen.


   The guy I was most impressed with was Edmund Gates, WR out of Abilene Christian. He was probably my favorite guy to watch this whole combine. I just thought that he went out there and gave it his all in each and every drill. Projected around a 3rd  round pick, but his stock may be getting higher. I hear that he even had a groin injury. So not even being 100%, he tied the fastest 40, had a great broad and vertical jumps, and did very well in the receiving drills. If you go into the second and third round, and if he isn't off the board yet, take a look at him.





Julio Jones, WR out of Alabama, played very well. It seemed like every drill Jones and Edmund Gates would be the ones doing the best. He had a fantastic combine. His broad jump was very impressive 11'3, and a vertical of 38.5. His stock got higher for sure. Expected to go Top 20 I would say. Had a great career at Alabama, and he should make a great transition to the NFL.







Colin Kapernick, QB out of Nevada. Kapernick had a very good combine. He showed that he has a great arm and can put passes where they needed to be. I like this young man, shows a lot of potential, and I can see him starting somewhere in the NFL in a few years.





Other guys that I really thought had a great combine were, Ryan Kerrigan, Ryan Mallett, Austin Pettis, Patrick Peterson, and Stephen Paea. It was a really good combine this year. I loved watching all of it. Stay tuned for more Draft news coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment