Search

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PFH First 2011 Mock Draft (Picks 21-26)

   We are now up to picks 21-26. Tomorrow will be the last day of the first mock draft. I hope that you have been getting some info from these picks!\

Chiefs, 21st Pick - Gabe Carimi (OT), Wisconsin
 A solid pick right here. I believe that the Chiefs need a potential 8- time plus pro bowler on their offensive line. Adding Carimi would help out the running game. Where would you put him seeing how that the Chiefs already have Brandon Albert. If you put him on the right side, I still think he can be a great player. The Chiefs are starting to biuld a great offense, and need a pick like this.


Colts, 22nd Pick - Corey Liuget (DT), Illinois
 With Freeney and Mathis on the edges, I think that you need to plug Liuget in the middle, and you are starting to look at a more dominant defensive line. The Colts struggled a bit in run defense and Liuget would help stop the bleeding. A big guy at 6'3 and a little over 300 pounds, and is very strong. I like Liuget to go somewhere in this area. If the Colts don't decide to go defensive line, I would have to say that they would go offensive line. Those guys could be Mike Pouncey(G/C) or Tyron Smith(OT).


Eagles, 23rd Pick - Jimmy Smith (CB), Colorado
 Jimmy Smith, a very good cover corner. Can be a good pick right here for the Eagles. Asante Samuel along with Jimmy Smith could be a great combo for years to come. In his career at Colorado, he allowed just 11 completions in his junior and senior year. Looking at a couple of his films, I see that he shuts down a lot of receivers, but I think that he needs work on his open field tackling. If he can become a better tackler, he can be a pro bowler.


Saints, 24th Pick - Aldon Smith (DE), Missouri
 As you see Aldon Smith dropped a little on my mock draft. A guy that is projected to go a lot earlier, is falling at 24th on my list. I think that if the Saints have a chance on a guy like Smith, that they will pull the trigger on him. Smith is a good tackler, and you can bring him on the blitz, and he is a great pass rusher. Smith can be a DE or an OLB. I see the Saints taking Smith at 24. I think that his draft grade may rise, but as of right now, he is the right pick for the Saints.




Seahawks, 25th Pick - Tyron Smith (OT), Southern California
 The Seahawks have the 25th Pick, and these are one of those teams that I see trading up to pick up a guy to help out their defense. If they decide to keep their spot, the next guy on my boards is Tyron Smith. Smith is a young man, that would have him going to a young team. Tyron will help with the talent on the offensive line. Smith will become a very good right tackle, and will help the Seahawks on the offensive line that could use a little help. He is a great prospect, and I would take a chance on him at 25.



Ravens, 26th Pick - Brandon Harris (CB), Miami
 I feel that the Ravens should go for a good corner already with a lot of potential. Harris can play good man coverage, but will occasionally let a catch go by. He has the potential, and if he goes to the right organization, and to the right coaching staff, he will be a very good corner. I think that the ravens could use a corner. I feel that if they want a better defense than they already have, a corner back is a need. He had a good career at Miami, and I think that he can make the transition to the NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment