Search

Friday, June 17, 2011

Catching up with Lawrence Guy


A couple days ago, I was honored to do an interview with Packers 7th round pick, defensive lineman Lawrence Guy. Guy went to Arizona state and was a three year starter. After his junior season, he declared that he was leaving to go to the NFL. Guy attended the NFL Scouting Combine and was drafted by the Packers in the NFL Draft. Lawrence and I exchanged many text messages between each other and did a live interview though a phone call. Guy is such a nice person, (although maybe not to college quarterbacks) that he let me spend a few minutes with him so that NFL fans can learn more about him.


     Brandon Sweeney: Lawrence, thanks for joining us today.
     Lawrence Guy: Thanks for having me.

     Brandon Sweeney: What was your favorite game at Arizona State and why?
     Lawrence Guy: The three years that I have been there, my favorite game? It was when we played U of A this year. We were coming down with a losing season, and everyone was expecting us to lose again, and the whole team just stood together and came in as a unit, and we found a way to beat U of A in overtime by blocking field goals.

     Brandon Sweeney: For all the fans out there that want to know more about you, tell them what they can expect from Lawrence Guy.
     Lawrence Guy: You can expect a hard working person. I don't give up. I don't believe in the word no. I do everything to the highest. I don't take rests because I am tired or anything. I just keep going as hard as I can until someone tells me to stop. And the only one who can tell me to stop is the coach.

     Brandon Sweeney: What was the NFL Combine experience like?
     Lawrence Guy: It was a learning experience. It was a real good learning experience. A lot of hard work. It is a great thing to experience if you got the chance to go through it.

     Brandon Sweeney: When you got the call from the Packers, who did you speak with and what were your emotions like?
     Lawrence Guy: Well I spoke with all the coaches that were there at the time. I was just really happy. I was shocked that I got picked by the Super Bowl winning team. I was speechless, and I couldn't say thank you enough to the coaches.

     Brandon Sweeney: Have you spoken to any of your future Packers teammates?
     Lawrence Guy: Not really. The only player I have spoken to is Dimitri Nance because he went to ASU two years ago. So I already knew who he was, and I kept in contact with him.

     Brandon Sweeney: What are your feelings about the NFL Lockout? Do you think that it will make your rookie season any tougher?
     Lawrence Guy: I believe the NFL Lockout is there for a reason. I don't think that it is going to make it tougher or not tougher. Only thing I am looking for is when we get it all settled and we can get the season started.

     Brandon Sweeney: I agree Lawrence! Listen man, I want to thank you once again. you are a great guy, and I am positive that you will make Packer Nation proud! Keep up the great work, and thank you for being on Pro Football Hotline.
     Lawrence Guy: Thank you.

I hope that you liked the interview everyone. Lawrence was truly great. In fact, if you would like to follow him on Twitter, please do @thatLGuy. Also, you may follow me @ProFballHotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment