Search

Monday, March 19, 2012

Peyton Manning to Broncos with a bit of Opinion

     Alright, so I am sure that all of you reading this have already heard the news that Peyton Manning has decided to sign with the Denver Broncos. Did you know that Pro Football Hotline was one of the first sites to release the story?
     To my eye, the only company we didn't beat was ESPN by the great teamwork of Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen. We released the information on Twitter which I am often on before most of the other major sites like Pro Football Talk, NFL.com, and so on. With over 500 followers, I was so surprised to not see one retweet or any new followers. Everyone knows what kind of big story this was and I didn't get anything from it. So I must say I am a bit upset with the results. I work every day to put the latest news on Twitter and it's very hard to get people to even look at it. I'm not just saying this for my site. There are plenty of small sites right now that don't get the looks they should. So I am speaking for all writers like me that work hard every single day who's opinion and knowledge are arguably better than the pro sites and insiders. Check out some of the smaller sites readers! If they have proven to give true information (like PFH has), then go to that site more often!

     I must admit, one thing I did was spark a debate on Twitter with many of my followers. Some agreed and some disagreed. Here on the site, I don't put in much opinion into my writing because I like for you guys to know the news as it comes out. So opinion isn't always something I put into my work, but in this article, I am going to tell exactly what I think about this Peyton Manning signing because I think it's what Pro Football Hotline needs. A good debate to drag in readers. Lets start!

     First thing's first, I do not agree with Manning's decision to sign with the Broncos. I think it was a bad decision on both parts. One, Manning's decision to sign with the Broncos and two, the Broncos giving up everything to get Manning. Let me explain. I for one, am not a Tim Tebow fan. I wasn't a part of  "Tebowmania" or any other nicknames that went with his performances last year. First of all, I must admit, a lot of those were impressive. None more than the one in overtime against the Steelers in the wild card game, but my problem is that the Broncos gave up on him. Tebow proved that he could be the starter and proved that he could win a playoff game against the number one defense in the league. That starting job should be his job to lose and not just given away like it was. This team spent a little over half the season building the right offense to fit Tebow's skill. They never worked a full offseason on it. They had time to build and make this offense even better if they put in the time. Instead, the Broncos sign quarterback Peyton Manning and are looking to trade Tim Tebow. So they are ripping apart their offense yet again and starting all over for the third time in John Fox's two years there so far.

     Now on to Manning. Why the Broncos? Is this the offense you can really see yourself winning a championship in? Throwing to Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker? Decker in my eyes is the better receiver and I think will stay that way. Thomas kind of forgotten until that game he had against the Steelers. Yes the Broncos defense is talented, but there was another team that has a very talented defense as well with even more targets to throw at. The 49ers were in the running for Manning. A chance to work with just signed wide receiver Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, Vernon Davis, and Michael Crabtree. The Titans is where I thought made most sense for Manning. Good running back who can catch out of the back field and good receivers like Kenny Britt and Nate Washington. In my eyes, the Broncos are not a Peyton Manning offense. I mean this is all a big wish in my eyes. The Broncos are wishing to see the old Peyton Manning, but in reality, who is to say he will be the same quarterback that we fell in love with years ago, and could very well be one hit away from his career actually being over. On top of it, Manning is getting the money he received in Indianapolis. The contracts will almost match. Once again, the Broncos better hope this wish comes true because this could really hurt your franchise if not. And as for Tim Tebow, my heart goes out to him. Now he will have a whole new offense to learn and we will never see if he had something in Denver or not.

     So tell me what you think. Do you think the Broncos completely ripped off Tim Tebow like I do? Did I make you think a little bit? Or am I completely wrong? Tell me! I want to hear some debating on Twitter, Facebook, and here on the site! Leave a comment in the comment box and start a debate! Keep checking back in and see if anyone said anything to you. I am more than happy to debate with any of you. Thank you for reading and please spread the word NFL Fans! Remember what I said, and give Pro Football Hotline a chance to be a great site! Follow me on Twitter and Like on Faceook -- @ProFballHotline & PFH Facebook

1 comment:

  1. You and I have "talked" about this but I want to know how others feel too. I don't think Elway ever liked Tebow, he was just playing to the crowd all along, hoping for the chance to get another guy in there. Manning, in my opinion, should have gone to the 49er's, where he could have won a ring every year if he wanted to. He will never win in Denver, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete